Title : Deceived
Genre : Thriller ; Fiction
Author : Heena Rathore P.
Publisher : Citrus Publishers
Synopsis : How well do you know your loved ones? A girl struggling to cope with the murders of her mother and five-year-old brother. A journalist chasing the ghost of a potential serial killer. A thirteen-year-old girl who slaughtered her parents. And a revenge-driven psychopath who is about to destroy everyone’s life.
After 9 years, a young writer is still coping with the brutal murders of her mother and five-year-old brother, as she moves into a house of horrors, to start a new life with her lover. Will friends and family be able to redeem Ally out of the impending doom in time? Will her infallible love become the key to the destruction of her already fragile world? Will madness prevail over love; true love over revenge?
Deceived is a gripping psychological thriller that mazes through the deepest, darkest emotions of human mind through the story of a vulnerable girl who treads in the mist of deception bred from a long unforgiven betrayal.
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the author and publisher who sent me this copy!
Personally, I’ve never been one for thrillers, because I will admit it, I am a tiinnyy bit of a chicken, BUT I actually enjoyed this one! It had great aspects to it that made it such a fun and eerie (in a good way, it IS a thriller..). Here are some of the things that I really noticed and loved about this book.
- It had such a great storyline! When I read the synopsis, I was immediately hooked. And the whole psychopath VS sociopath part was BRILLIANT! That was such an intriguing page to add and it fit perfectly into the book!
- The characters were very well thought out. All the characters had different personalities and you could clearly understand what they were like. If that doesn’t make sense, then here, let me put it this way. Some books, you easily forget the characters. You’re like who’s (character’s name) again? You forget them because they didn’t make a great first impression. (Or for people who just forget easily, I get your pain) In this book, you know who each person is because of how each of their personalities stood out.
- CAN WE SAY SUSPENSE?!?!? Each page had me wanting mORe and mORe!!
- The pace in this book was wonderful. It followed the whole literature hill perfectly with the exposition to rising action to climax to falling action and so on.
The only aspects that I disliked about this book was…
- There were times that there was just too much information. I understand detail, but some parts, I just wanted to skip over because it got too wordy and dull over something that wasn’t even that big of a deal.
- The main character was a too naïve for my taste. Since this is a spoiler free review, I can’t say why, but she ignored and refused to see the facts that were right in front of her. I get it, deny the truth for a little while, but for 3 quarters of the book? That’s just a little too drawn out.
Ok, time to pass judgement! I give this book….. 3 and 1/2 stars! For anyone who loves eerie, suspenseful, and thrilling books, then I definitely recommend this one! Again thank you to the author and publishers who sent me a copy!